Taking a moment

Its been a little bit over a week since my last post but i feel like it's been forever since I've had time to sit down (without interruptions) and write. Sometimes you need to pause to let things sink in. I really wanted to update you guys on what I've been busy with lately. Well first off, I've been fighting a cold that i felt coming for the past week and i guess i lost the battle because it really hit me the past 2 days. I've been sneezing and carrying around a box of tissue pretty much everything where i went. 

Besides that annoying factor i mentioned in my previous post that I've been in the process of getting my wedding planning license so that was really taking up a big chunk of my time. Who knew that a lot could go wrong in a perfectly planned wedding! Makes me kind of worried thinking about how my future wedding might turn out. BUT... that is not to scare you guys, weddings are amazing and always do and will turn out amazing ^_^ I've also taken some time out of my busy schedule to do some cleaning in my sewing room which will soon turn into my office space. All this plus a cold doesn't really help me much -__-"


Lastly, my boyfriend and i started meal prepping simply because we wanted to be healthier and more cautious as to what we were in taking. The first thing on our menu was salmon which I've included the quick recipe below. This recipe is always a winner with everyone, it's quick, easy and very yummy. That's all the updates for now, I'll talk to you guys soon.

Ingredients:
*You can change up the quantities depending on your portions or how much sauce you like but keep in mind that brown sugar, soy sauce and oil needs to be the same.

Salmon fillet
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp sweet soy sauce (you can use the normal one if you prefer it to be more salty)
3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp water

Steps:
1. Mix all the ingredients together until brown sugar dissolves
2. Pour over salmon fillet and marinate for 20 minutes
3. Bake the salmon at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until it is opaque and flaky
4. Take it out and enjoy! I like to broil the top at the end for an aesthetic appeal and it also gives it that crispiness

**Other great options are to BBQ or pan fry




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Remember sharing is caring ♥♥